SIDEKICK SQUAD, BOOK THREE—
Emma Robledo has a few more responsibilities that the usual high school senior, but then again, she and her friends have left school to lead a fractured Resistance movement against a corrupt Heroes League of Heroes. Emma is the only member of a supercharged team without powers, and she isn’t always taken seriously. A natural leader, Emma is determined to win this battle, and when that’s done, get back to school. As the Resistance moves to challenge the League, Emma realizes where her place is in this fight: at the front.
Lambda Literary Award finalist C.B. Lee returns with the third book in her bestselling Sidekick Squad series, which has garnered both critical acclaim and fans for its joyous tone and inclusivity.
- 35 of Our Most Anticipated LGBTQAP YA Books of 2019: May-June, Barnes and Noble, December 18, 2018
- Most Anticipated Queer YA Books, Hypable
- 16 of Our Most Anticipated Sequels of 2019, Barnes and Noble, January 14, 2019
- Cover Reveal and Excerpt, Book Riot, January 16, 2019
- 68 LGBT YA Books to Get Excited for in 2019, Autostraddle, February 4, 2019
- 100 LGBTQ+ Books Every Teen Should Read, Half Price Books, May 24, 2019
- Five Reasons To Read the Sidekick Squad Series, Hypable, May 31, 2019
- 38 Of The Best YAs of June, Barnes and Noble, May 31, 2019
- New Releases: Secretive Friendships, Bold Blackmailers, Confusing Attractions, Barnes and Noble, June 4, 2019
- Not All Heroes Wear Capes: C.B. Lee’s Sidekick Squad Series, Tor, June 12, 2019
Not Your Sidekick, Not Your Villain, and Not Your Backup are entertaining and propulsive novels written with confidence, charm, and cheek. C. B. Lee gets not only how to elevate superhero tropes but how to write teenagers in an honest and compelling way. Everything from the worldbuilding to the plots to the character development are firing on all cylinders. The Abby-centric fourth novel, Not Your Hero, can’t come soon enough.
The Sidekick Squad are back and better than ever in Not Your Villain…There’s nothing quite like the found-family narrative, nor the team up against a corrupt government, and the unrelenting optimism and power of a group of largely queer-identifying teens.
C.B. Lee’s utterly charming Sidekick Squad series has it all—swoony romance, thought-provoking deconstructions of superhero tropes, and the cutest robots ever. But best of all are her very human, very relatable characters—vibrant personalities you just can’t help but root for as they make their way in the world. If you’re a fan of superheroes, thoughtful sci-fi, and/or general awesomeness, you need these books in your life.
—Sarah Kuhn, author of Heroine Complex
Not Your Villain shows just how meaningful superheroes (and supervillains) can still be. C.B. Lee has invented a world where the greatest power comes from friendship, love and becoming your truest self, and it’s the heroic story we need right now.
—Charlie Jane Anders, author of All The Birds In the Sky
The universe that Lee created in Not Your Sidekick is as sharp and effortlessly detailed as ever…. They do what they can to save the world, without ever aspiring to be a savior, learning that true heroism comes through working together.