Order Signed Copies From The Ripped Bodice Bookstore
SIDEKICK SQUAD, BOOK TWO—
Bells Broussard thought he had it made when his superpowers manifested early. Being a shapeshifter is awesome. He can change his hair whenever he wants, and if putting on a binder for the day is too much, he’s got it covered. But that was before he became the country’s most-wanted villain.
After discovering a massive cover-up by the Heroes’ League of Heroes, Bells and his friends Jess, Emma, and Abby set off on a secret mission to find the Resistance. Meanwhile, power-hungry former hero Captain Orion is on the loose with a dangerous serum that renders meta-humans powerless, and a new militarized robotic threat emerges. Everyone is in danger.
Sometimes, to do a hero’s job, you need to be a villain.
Interlude Press, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Apple iBookstore, Kobo, Smashwords
Interlude Press, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Mysterious Galaxy, Target, Indiebound, Book Depository
- 25 of Our Most Anticipated LGBTQIAP YA Books of the Second Half of 2017, Barnes and Noble
- Queer Superheroes in YA Lit, Book Riot
- 10 Great YA Novels with Transgender and Nonbinary Main Characters, Barnes and Noble
- 7 Superheroic Reads, Book Riot
- 12 of Our Most Anticipated Indie YAs of 2017, Barnes and Noble
- New Young Adult Fiction: Fairytales, Dystopias, Life Lessons, Tor
- 16 Great 2017 YAs to Celebrate Bi Visibility, Barnes and Noble
- 27 of Our Most Anticipated YA October Books, Barnes and Noble
- 7 Great LGBTQ Latinx Books That Make 2017 Better, Barnes and Noble
- The Sidekick Squad Strikes Back, Hypable
- Top Young Adult SFF of 2017, Tor
- 10 Great Parents from Young Adult SFF, Tor, December 6, 2018
The Sidekick Squad are back and better than ever in Not Your Villain…There’s nothing quite like the found-family narrative, nor the team up against a corrupt government, and the unrelenting optimism and power of a group of largely queer-identifying teens.
C.B. Lee’s utterly charming Sidekick Squad series has it all—swoony romance, thought-provoking deconstructions of superhero tropes, and the cutest robots ever. But best of all are her very human, very relatable characters—vibrant personalities you just can’t help but root for as they make their way in the world. If you’re a fan of superheroes, thoughtful sci-fi, and/or general awesomeness, you need these books in your life.
—Sarah Kuhn, author of Heroine Complex
Not Your Villain shows just how meaningful superheroes (and supervillains) can still be. C.B. Lee has invented a world where the greatest power comes from friendship, love and becoming your truest self, and it’s the heroic story we need right now.
—Charlie Jane Anders, author of All The Birds In the Sky
The universe that Lee created in Not Your Sidekick is as sharp and effortlessly detailed as ever…. They do what they can to save the world, without ever aspiring to be a savior, learning that true heroism comes through working together.